Play Your Way 2023Posted: 11 Apr 2023
Play Your Way is back for another year, and this Mental Health Month, Safe In Our World is asking the video games community to come together and play the games that mean the most to them whilst raising vital funds and awareness for mental health in our industry.
We had a wonderful Play Your Way last year, with so many experiences and heartfelt conversations arising from folks inside and outside of our community. We’re excited to see what people are getting up to this year, having already spotted a hike up Snowdon from Ambassador Harry Stainer, as well as the return of Planet Nontendo and Regen Games’ fundraiser!
Click here to register your interest in Play Your Way 2023!
What do funds support?
- Safe In Our World is working with 150 Level Up Partners to foster positive mental health awareness and curate bespoke industry support and resources to create a safer work environment in our industry. Our Level Up Programme is free to join, and allows any company in the industry to access valuable resources and support without a barrier to entry
- Providing free training where possible to our industry and community. We have provided crucial mental health training to over 300 Community Managers to empower them in their role to better equip themselves and their community when it comes to mental health conversations and support. Funds support not only funding the courses but finalising scope and creating the courses
- In the past year, we have also provided 175 people from Under Represented Groups in the games industry with a free mental health course
- Providing free curated content to our community around monthly themes in mental health, opening up the discussion around mental health and fostering a safe space to explore our mental health in video games. This is through our website, Discord server, social media and podcast.
- Spreading awareness is a crucial part of Safe In Our World, so that folks in the games industry know where to find life-saving resources and powerful tools to improve the quality of working life.
- Funds also support the day-to-day operations of the charity and allow us to continue our work in making all of the above happen!