Payroll Giving with Safe In Our WorldPosted: 14 Jun 2023
Everything you need to know about supporting Safe In Our World through Payroll Giving.
WHAT IS PAYROLL GIVING?
Payroll Giving is a scheme to enable employees to donate to charity directly from their salary prior to tax deductions. You have control over the amount – and for each £1 you donate to Safe In Our World, it only costs you 80p.
WHERE ARE SAFE IN OUR WORLD REGISTERED FOR PAYROLL GIVING?
Payroll Giving is a fantastic way to engage with your employees and boost your corporate social responsibility (CSR) programme. Companies can also seek national recognition for exceptional Payroll Giving Schemes. Payroll Giving also boosts staff morale, as a great example of your company putting measures in place to give back.
WAYS TO PROMOTE
There are tons of ways to promote your Scheme, but here are some of our favourite ideas:
- Add details of the scheme to your staff intranet
- Put it in your internal comms and newsletter
- Encourage sign ups from the top-down and set an example
- Incentivise people to sign up with rewards such as raffle draws or small tokens of appreciation
- Match Giving – you can choose to donate set amounts for staff registrations, or match fund donations annually, making each donation go further.
- Enroll with a Payroll Giving Agency such as Benevity and Charities Trust
- Promote to your teams – let your staff know it’s there!
- Individual Sign Up – sign ups can be made through this simple form
- Donations go to Safe In Our World – you’re making a difference in mental health
HOW DO YOUR DONATIONS HELP SAFE IN OUR WORLD?
Funding is key to allow us to continue our vital work in the games industry. All donations support the every-day operations of the charity, where we are able to launch initiatives like free mental health training, and Level Up Mental Health – an ongoing programme aimed at empowering and guiding games industry employers on prioritising wellbeing in the workplace. We also provide free curated content to our community around monthly themes in mental health, opening up the discussion around mental health and fostering a much-needed safe space to explore our mental health in video games.